i will not take these things for granted

thoughts on this and that in an attempt to live reflectively

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Missions as Futbol

My missions-minded friend Laura and her co-workers on a summer mission trip to Leipzig, Germany, have come up with a cool metaphor for European missions:

Last week as our group was all talking, feeling somewhat frustrated with the slowness we can experience in European missions, Corey made the statement that it seems like missions in Europe is much like a soccer game...

Check out Laura's blog to see how.

By the way, the Czech Republic plays the United States in their World Cup opener tomorrow at 11am (CST). I can't wait, but I have to admit I'm torn about what team to cheer for.

...No I'm not. Go Czechs!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I'm gonna have to agree with you on this one. Go Czechs! (Not that I don't love the good ole US of A, but the Czechs are just cooler. And better soccer players...)

6:06 AM  
Blogger SM said...

Mitch - since you'll be living overseas, you may be interested in this little 'anonymous' discussion between a South American national (who you know), and North American missionary on a team to the same country (who you may know, I'm not sure), and myself.

Basically, we've got a theologically educated national who's finally going to be straight with the Americans about nationals' perceptions of our missionaries' typical living standards. Thought you might want to join a discussion about what's really appropriate for Americans living elsewhere who claim to be bringing the Gospel.

just click my name and choose "Christ Family Reflections."

4:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home