i will not take these things for granted

thoughts on this and that in an attempt to live reflectively

My Photo
Name:
Location: Little Rock, Arkansas, United States

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Best Birthday Cake EVER!

My birthday was about a month ago (May 13), but I'm going to tell you about it anyway. I've been meaning to post pictures of my cake for a while now (cause it was the coolest!), and finally I have a copy or two of the cake ready for display. Drum roll please...

My BFFs Christie and Ginny make shaped birthday cakes for their friends, based on the birthday person's interests or on inside jokes or whatever. Last year my cake was in the shape of the Apple Computer logo and I loved it, but this year the girls really outdid themselves!

The cake was in the shape of the Czech Republic, with the colors of the Czech flag overlaying it (red strawberries, blue blueberries, and white marshmallows). And on a platform above the Czech Republic rested, nay, soared an Arkansas Razorback...because I'm a Razorback on the road to the Czech Republic!

Go Hogs!

3 Comments:

Blogger James Hooten said...

Curses, for I was not in town to partake and celebrate with you!

Hey...you and Graham need to come to Nashville soon. I said it, that settles it.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say I am impressed. Good job, girls!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Joe St said...

Very cool cake.

I am listening to the radio as I peruse your blog. The BBC is covering the world cup now, and at the precise moment I read the words "Czech Republic" in this post, the announcer on the radio said "Czech Republic" in his sports report.

Just thougt you might need to know that.

11:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home